Boca Raton, Palm Beach Florida.
One of the first signs of aging is seen in the skin of the face and neck. Unfortunately, with age, the skin loses elasticity and begins to look tired due to slowed cellular turnover. Aging skin loses natural support structures to keep skin supple and youthful, with diminished collagen and elastin. This can lead to unwanted facial wrinkles and creases. Lost facial volume makes facial wrinkles exaggerated and makes the face look sullen or tired.
Fortunately, Ennis Plastic Surgery is proud to offer a wide selection of the most clinically advanced and modern dermal fillers to counteract these signs of aging. Radiesse is an FDA-approved for the treatment and correction of moderate to severe wrinkles and facial folds.
To learn about Radiesse, please read the guide below or contact Ennis Plastic Surgery at 561-266-4344 to book a consultation or ask us a question. We are here to help you get the look you desire.
Dermal fillers are gel based injections that fill in areas of lost volume, wrinkles and creases. By filling these areas, the face looks refreshed and more youthful. The beauty of dermal fillers, such as Radiesse, is that specific areas can be treated and targeted with the injection. As each person ages differently, the needs, location and amount of filling will be different for each individual.
The ideal candidate for Radiesse is looking to:
- Address lost facial volume
- Reduce the appearance of moderate to severe facial wrinkles
- Boost production of the body’s own collagen
- Find an immediate and long term treatment for the aging face
- Find a minimally invasive and quick approach to facial rejuvenation
- Maintain or enhance the results of a previous cosmetic procedure
Radiesse is very unique, in that it provides facial rejuvenation two fold. After injection, it immediately replaces lost facial volume, which give the face a more youthful appearance. It fills wrinkles with needed volume, yielding immediate correction for facial creases. The unique benefit of Radiesse happens under the skin and after the initial treatment. Radiesse molecules act as a scaffold to provide a structure for the body’s own production of new collagen. By promoting new collagen production, the outcomes are naturally enhanced.
Collagen is a main structural protein that is found in the skin. It provides firmness, integrity and elasticity to skin. Unfortunately, with aging, the body’s own production of collagen greatly diminishes. By incorporating a dermal filler that stimulates collagen production, the patient receives both immediate and longer term improvement in facial freshness. With Radiesse, the results start great and continue to improve with time.
Radiesse injectable is made from Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres that are suspended in a water based gel carrier. The calcium microspheres are similar to minerals that are naturally found in the body. For this reason, there is less risk of allergic reaction, as it is a naturally occurring substance. Once the gel is injected, it provides immediate volume to correct the facial lines. It continues to work by stimulating the body to produce new collagen. Overtime the gel is absorbed by the body’s own metabolic processes. The CaHA is removed but the body’s own natural collagen remains.
Treatment areas for Radiesse
Radiesse addresses wrinkles and signs of aging effectively in the areas of:
- Smile lines: Smile lines, otherwise known as nasolabial folds, are the lines that run from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth. They appear due to lost facial volume and skin elasticity. These folds can mask a beautiful smile.
- Marionette lines and drooping at the corners of the mouth: Marionette lines are those creases that run straight downward from the corners of the mouth to the chin. They can make individuals appear unhappy, as if they are frowning. They form as facial volume depletes and creases deepen below the mouth. Corners of the mouth can turn downward with aging, as volume is lost below the mouth. The downward turn of the mouth can make people look unhappy, disappointed, or mad.
- Pre-jowl fold: This is the area on either side of the chin. Facial volume loss in the pre-jowl fold sulcus can result in sagging of the skin and hollowing of the area.
- Chin creases: This common wrinkle forms horizontally across the chin with lost facial volume. It can negatively detract from an individual’s smile.
- Hands: Radiesse can be used to correct for volume loss seen in the aging hands. With aged hands, the bones, ligaments, tendons and blood vessels are visible and obvious. By filling in the hands with Radiesse, the hands look softer, smoother and younger.
What to Expect with Radiesse Treatments
If you are considering a dermal injection, such as Radiesse, the first step is to meet for an individualized consultation in which you will discuss your needs and desired outcomes. For most people, there is little preparation needed before a Radiesse treatment. Radiesse is injected into the skin through a small needle, called a syringe. The syringe is placed under the skin, in the targeted treatment area. The entire treatment only takes 20-30 minutes to complete, depending on how many injection sites are needed.
Radiesse provides results with high patient satisfaction. This injectable is FDA-approved to be mixed with lidocaine, which is an anesthetic. This use significantly reduces injection-related discomfort for patients. As with any other dermal filler, the risks of side effects include facial bruising, redness, swelling, and tenderness over the injection site. Generally these side effects only last for a short time and are mild. The side effects are so mild, that many individuals come for their treatment and return to work the same day.
Of course, dermal fillers are not a permanent solution. This treatment results in correction of deep set facial creases for up to one year or more in most patients. Overtime, Radiesse is absorbed by the body’s own metabolic processes. Radiesse is the only dermal filler that provides both an immediate volume restoration and stimulates the body to produce its own collagen. This give noticeable and lasting results.
Radiesse outcomes have been proven to:
- Replenish lost facial volume
- Stimulate natural collagen production
- Provide results that last one year or longer
- Provide consistent outcomes with high patient satisfaction
The Ennis Plastic Surgery Difference
At Ennis Plastic Surgery, we are pleased to offer the most comprehensive selection of the highest quality dermal fillers. If you are considering a dermal filler to rejuvenate your facial appearance or are interested in other injectable options, please do not hesitate to contact our office for an individualized consultation. Our clinical staff is dedicated to patient satisfaction and consistent, reliable outcomes. Our experience and dedication contribute to natural and beautiful results. We would be happy to show you how refreshed you can look after a simple and minimally invasive Radiesse injection.
Learn more about Radiesse at www.radiesse.com.
If you are interested in discussing how Radiesse can impact your physical appearance, please contact us to set up a consultation.