Brown Spots on Skin Boca Raton, Palm Beach Florida. Facial brown spots and skin discolorations are a common reason patients select the skin rejuvenation treatment at Boca Botox. We all want smooth, flawless, clear skin that is so beautiful it does not need makeup. Unfortunately, sun exposure, environmental toxins and genetics are working against our skin every day. To learn about skin rejuvenation treatment, please read the guide below or contact Boca Botox at 561-266-4344 to book a consultation or ask us a question. We are here to help you get the look you desire. The Causes of Brown Spots on the Skin Melanin is a naturally occurring pigment that is found in the skin. If too much melanin is produced in one area, you see a resultant brown patch on the skin. There are many names for dark skin discolorations, including brown spots, sunspots, skin mottling and brown facial pigmentation.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This type of hyperpigmentation is due to an inflammatory trauma to the skin, such as post acne healing, healing rashes, or poorly administered laser techniques or chemical peels.
- Aging: As a part of the natural aging process, older adults commonly acquire small darkened patches over the skin on the face, forearms, and hands.
- Sun exposure: Repeated and prolonged sun exposure can lead to brown spots over areas of skin that were exposed to the sun, such as the face, neck, shoulders, arms and hands.
Benefits of the Photo Facial include:
- Improved sun damage and wrinkled skin
- Removal of brown and age spots
- Removal of freckles
- Removal of broken capillaries/redness in the skin
- Minimal risk
- Stimulation of new collagen synthesis for improved skin tone